Thursday, January 13, 2011

Yoko Kanno - Shiro

This gorgeous piece from the soundtrack of the anime Wolf's Rain makes me feel like I'm aching... in a good way.  Yoko Kanno is one of my favorite composers, who is immensely versatile and talented.  If you watch anime in general you're probably already familiar with her work, as she has composed the music for a lot of the most famous anime, and her soundtracks are always outstanding.  I could go on about the genius of this composer, but I'll save that ramble for another time, since I definitely plan to post more pieces composed by her.  For now, I'll just say that this first piece is the version of condensed awesomeness.  The longer version of the piece can be found below it (both were used in Wolf's Rain, but the latter was on a different album).

Yoko Kanno A.K.A. 菅野 よう子 - Shiro:


Shiro Long Tails:

No comments:

Post a Comment