Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Pierces - Three Wishes

I only discovered this American duo (sisters, actually) a few months ago, when a website I frequent put them on a list of music recommendations.  I guess their music is being used somewhat frequently on TV shows I've never watched, like Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girl, so a lot of people are finding them through those shows now.  Their other songs are more beat-driven, and I like them too, but I especially like this one because it sounds kinda haunting; their humming sounds to me like ghosts singing or wind blowing through trees.  Their other songs have rather dark themes running through them, which I think is pretty cool...  Also, they're from Alabama, which tempts me to make the joke that they're the only good thing to come from Alabama aside from me.  :-P 

The Pierces - Three Wishes:

No comments:

Post a Comment