Saturday, January 15, 2011

Adele - Hometown Glory

British time! If I remember correctly, the singer wrote this song when she was 16, and recorded it when she was 19. Round 2 in "I'm a failure." *shakes fist* Anyway, this song, obviously, is about the artist's hometown, London. I had heard Adele's name floating around for a while, but never bothered to look up her music until a month or two ago, when I heard this lovely track used in a British soap opera. I don't think the show even used a part of this song with her voice, just the piano intro, but it was so pretty it was enough to spurn me to find the whole song. Interestingly, this artist is but one example of the trend I've had lately of discovering really good British female singers.
Note: I tried to upload my own copy of the track, but it's blocked in the U.S. and Germany, so I'm just linking to the official music video. Which I guess is not that terrible, since I rather like the MV.

Adele - Hometown Glory:

No comments:

Post a Comment