Sunday, January 2, 2011

Darren Hayes - Darkness

I had to do it.  My second regular post goes to another of my absolute favorite tracks by one of my absolute favorite artists, Darren Hayes.  I kind of adore him.  Even if you don't recognize his name, you probably have heard of the Australian pop duo Savage Garden.  I definitely was not a fan in their heyday, since I only heard their saccharine, sappy, love ballad pop singles on the radio when I was in elementary school and pretty much hated them.  So when I stumbled across some tracks by the solo singer yeeeeeears later on an mp3 rotation site, I had no idea it was the same guy from "that boy band" from back in the day.  All I knew was that the guy could sing beautifully.  Ironically, I was astounded by the palpable honesty and sincerity of his solo work--which is exactly what I felt was missing in the Savage Garden music.  Plus I loved the tormented, dark feel that is far removed from what I had heard from SG.  I could NOT get over how good the album this song is from is, nor could I stop playing it.  That's still pretty much the case.

Edit:  The song was released under a major record label that blocks its music on YouTube, so I can't post my own upload of the song.  Apparently the music video is allowed, so I guess I'll have to settle for that this time.
Darren Hayes - Darkness:

No comments:

Post a Comment