Saturday, June 21, 2014

Emilie Autumn - Take the Pill

From the very beginning of this song it sounded promising. My friend who was listening to it with me, also for the first time, immediately had her ears perk up when the song started. Then the lyrics kicked in and it got even more interesting because of its unusual subject matter. It’s clearly narrating the events of a mental hospital through the commands of the staff there. Insanity seems to be a recurring subject for this American artist, so it’s not very surprising coming from her. There’s some profanity, and it’s kinda disturbing (especially if you’ve been institutionalized, I imagine). Also, it yet ANOTHER weird coincidence in artist I’ve been posting lately, when I looked up this songwriter’s music it post tonight, I saw that she is performing in my area tonight.
Note: TAKE YOUR PILL in HD!

Emilie Autumn - Take the Pill:

No comments:

Post a Comment