Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Patrick Wolf - Hard Times

I’m not an expert on song lyrics analysis. A lot of the time I have to look up the meanings or consult the suggestions of others, but THIS time, for this song, I felt I understood it on my own. It’s about various conflicts going on at international levels, calling for drastic societal change in response to all the things wrong with the world. It could even be suggesting we are kept fixated on working harder to distract us from the real problems and to stave off revolution by instilling the false hope that our efforts to improve the situation aren’t in vain.

Patrick Wolf - Hard Times:


For a revised version and an eloquent explanation as to the reasoning behind the revision, see this live performance in Russia:

No comments:

Post a Comment