Sunday, September 7, 2014

Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass

This song is SO not what I expected when I saw the title. I was expecting an electronica-bordering-on-dubstep club hit about how much the narrator loves dancing. Then I saw the music video thumbnail all pink and girly-looking, and I thought, “Bubbly pop song?” It turned out to be neither of these. Instead it was an acoustic track with a retro feel and mature vocals and sassy lyrics. It goes for the same sort of cheeky juxtaposition as Lilly Allen’s work, setting a message with attitude against a backdrop of cutesy imagery. Although there’s a message of “you look fine the way you are” I wouldn’t necessarily blast it for little girls because there’s profanity.
Note: The official music video (with HD) should be watched for full effect.

Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass:

No comments:

Post a Comment