Saturday, September 20, 2014

Jim Cummings, David Ogden Stiers, and Judy Kuhn - Savages (Part 2)

This song is from the Disney movie Pocahontas. I didn’t really appreciate this song that much when I was young. Of course, I understood its message of dehumanizing the “other” and the danger that entails, but for some reason the artistry of the imagery as well as the song’s construction are more appealing to me now. My favorite part even as a child, though, is the part where Pocahontas sings, “How loud are the drums of war?” Just that one line, which deviates from the rest of the melody. One of the voice actors/singers is the same as in the last Disney song I posted (I somehow never noticed the archdeacon from The Hunchback of Notre Dame has the same voice as Governor Ratcliffe in Pocahontas!).
Note: This has HD quality!

Jim Cummings, David Ogden Stiers, and Judy Kuhn - Savages (Part 2):


And here’s the part from the movie that includes both parts 1 & 2 of the song:

No comments:

Post a Comment