Sunday, September 21, 2014

F.I.R. - 花疯

I had doubts about this artist’s most recent album, released earlier this year. I mean, after so many albums how could they keep up the quality? To my relief, I found that, on the contrary, the album overall was more to my liking than some of their earlier work. When I listened to the album all the way through, very shortly after this song started I could tell it would be my favorite from the album. And then it just got better. I’ve tried to pinpoint what it is about this song that sets it apart for me (aside from the obviously pretty melody), and I think I’ve determined that it’s the combination of instruments, particularly the bass, and the sound in Faye’s voice that’s slightly more indieish than her usual style.

F.I.R. - 花疯 [Hua Feng - Flower Crazy]:

No comments:

Post a Comment