Thursday, May 26, 2011

System of a Down - Toxicity

There are so, so many songs by this artist that I love, I had difficulty picking one to post first.  I heard them when a friend in middle school showed me their music video for "Aerials" and I thought, "Weird & beautiful; I like!"  Then another friend became a fan and burned their 1st three albums for me, which I played on repeat for a while.  This band is set apart from others of a similar genre by the lead singer's vocals, because he can actually SING and maintain the intensity of the music.  They have songs that are energetic and manic, and songs that are more mellow and beautiful, so I went with one that's somewhere in between this time.  At first this song felt kinda jarring and unsettling, but it grew on me.
Note:  HD!

System of a Down - Toxicity:

No comments:

Post a Comment