Monday, May 2, 2011

Mos Def, Pharaohe Monch, and Nate Dogg - Oh No

Wow, this takes me back...  I remember seeing this song's MV playing on TV when I was little and home alone, working on my homework after walking home from school, watching the local music video program.  Those were the days.  I always really liked this song for its overall sound, but its additional significance is that Pharoahe Monch's verse was one of the first moments of my life where I "got" how to listen to hip hop lyrics and appreciate their lyricism.  And I was impressed.  Still am!  R.I.P. Nate Dogg.
Note:  At first I could only find this song uploaded in low quality, but then found this one in HD!!  Hopefully a little profanity doesn't bother you too much.

Mos Def, Pharaohe Monch, and Nate Dogg - Oh No:


And heeeeeeere's the music video that started it all! I really like the style of it... artsy!:

No comments:

Post a Comment