Wednesday, November 26, 2014

T-ara - Day by Day

Yeesh, what’s happening? Yesterday a Coldplay song, today a T-ara song… I find it admirable how much effort clearly is put into K-pop music videos, even if I find the music vapid and soulless. This artist is among my definite “not favorites” but even I had to give it up to this music video, which is so over-the-top it’s comical in its excess. From the beginning of my interest in Korean pop music videos, one of the things that stood out to me about them was the tendency for them to have storylines, no matter how frivolous the song. The drama was on a level that seemed completely unwarranted by the content of the song. It’s nice to see reassurance that, although over a decade has passed since that time, not only is that trend still going strong but it’s even being taken to extremes like this 15-minute, unfinished saga.
Note: This is the official music video, which has HD AND optional English subtitles! It also has violence, if you’re sensitive to that sort of thing.

T-ara - Day by Day:

No comments:

Post a Comment