Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Song Jieun - 쳐다보지마

SK is impressing me lately… I was originally planning to post a different song by this artist, but after looking into her music I found this and decided to go with it instead. By Korean standards, this song’s lyrics about judging unconventional relationships are “controversial” and “experimental” (in the words of the video’s own description!). I myself was a bit surprised by the provocative nature of the song theme. I first encountered this artist’s solo work when another music video of hers was playing on TV. That video, too, was a bit edgy for the world of K-pop to which she obviously belongs, so I took note. (I also just realized I saw yet another MV of hers even before that, and it too was a little edgier than I expected, with a 19+ rating.) The artist is a member of the girl group Secret, with whom I'm not very familiar.
Note: This official music video is whatever, but it has optional English subtitles and HD!

Song Jieun A.K.A. 송지은 - 쳐다보지마 [Chyeodabojima - Don’t Look At Me]:

No comments:

Post a Comment