Sunday, September 13, 2015

Passenger - David

I worked at a concert for this artist the other night. Prior to that, I think I’d only heard one song by him, his big hit “Let Her Go,” and thought it was all right. I’m glad I stayed for his full show, because I liked the other songs he performed more. This might have been my favorite, and that’s not even including the pretty strings in this version, because his live performance only involved him and his acoustic guitar. Normally the voice is the standout feature of music to me, but with him it was his poetic lyrics and instrumentals that impressed me. His guitaring was beautiful and although it was the only instrument in the show it filled the room. He came across as another of those mild-mannered British dudes filled with cynicism, which people seem to love. He also swore a lot and a tiny bit of that found its way into this song. He explained that he wrote it about a homeless man who hung out outside a hostel and told the artist his life story.
Note: Lovely in HD!

Passenger - David:

No comments:

Post a Comment