Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Jussie Smollett - Good Enough

There’s a new musical show in town, and it’s called Empire. This time it has a hip hop slant, which I’m into, and it uses original music like this song from its soundtrack. The artist acts as the R&B singer of the show and his voice is golllllld. Remember the "Testify" music video from a few posts ago? The series was brought to my attention through comments on the video pointing out that the lead actress in it is also in Empire. (This was interesting because she was practically the only actor in the MV I didn’t recognize from a TV show.) So I looked into the series, and here we are! This song is about a son trying to please his hard-to-impress father, and people be relating to this song left and right. I was surprised to hear this song is getting some radio play, but I guess I shouldn’t be since the show has some major power players backing it and its music. *cough*Timbaland*cough*
Note: Best believe there’s HD!

Jussie Smollett - Good Enough:

Here’s the scene from the show, but it has some disturbing content of child abuse:

No comments:

Post a Comment