Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Zion I - Soo Tall

What the…? I’ve only posted this artist once before! Bay Area hip hop represent! I’ve seen these guys live a few times now. I don’t think I’ve seen them perform this song live, but it’s one of my favorites by them because of the wordplay. The switching around of words and sounds from where they’re expected to be (metathesis), repetition, linking together of lines, and so on not only adds a layer of intellectual complexity but also makes it exceptionally thrilling to the ears somehow. It’s songs like this where the poetry of hip hop really shines through. As if that weren’t enough, I LOVE this song’s production! It’s the very definition of infectious, and I love the use of the non-looped violin, like in the previous song I posted by them. There’s a little profanity.

Zion I - Soo Tall:



I wasn’t at all expecting to find a dance performance for this song, but this popped up and was too cool to not share:

No comments:

Post a Comment