Sunday, August 10, 2014

Utada Hikaru - Final Distance

This song has long been one of my favorites by this massive J-pop star, simply for its sound. I like the melody, even though Hikki’s voice isn’t quite enough to cover the range. I think in high school I acquired this song through a friend lending me the album it was on, but I’d heard it before that because it was quite popular. I only just now found out the story behind it, though, which is that the song was arranged into a ballad when it was dedicated to a little girl who was murdered. The young student had won an essay contest by writing about how this artist was her idol. I guess that accounts for the songs’s eerie and decidedly unromantic music video.


Utada Hikaru A.K.A. 宇多田 ヒカル - Final Distance:



You can check out the official music video here:

No comments:

Post a Comment