Saturday, November 2, 2013

Stromae - Papaoutai

I think I just came across this music video and Belgian artist through YouTube surfing, and I did not expect it to be nearly as entertaining as it was! After having the window open and unloaded for probably weeks, I finally watched the music video about a week ago, and I haven’t been able to get the song out of my head since. Just the song by itself is great, because it’s catchy-sounding with an unconventional meaning, and the songwriting seems great, even through the filter of a translation. Not only that, but the music video, in my mind, is what a music video should be: interesting, original, good dancing, and some essence of a story. It even matches the lyrics of the song (which are about an absent father) in an artistic way! If you don’t know French but do know English, I highly recommend checking out the lyrics translated into English: http://lyricstranslate.com/en/papaoutai-papa-where-are-you.html
Note: I also recommend watching/listening in HD!

Stromae - Papaoutai [Papa, Where Are You?]:

No comments:

Post a Comment