Sunday, June 12, 2011

Utada Hikaru - Prisoner of Love

If you listen to any Japanese pop at all, you probably have listened to this artist.  She's immensely famous and, fortunately, also very talented and prolific.  I like a lot of her songs, but this is one of my favorites; I even memorized the lyrics!  I love the strings in this song.  This was the theme song of the Japanese drama Last Friends.  The drama was quite good, and this song really set the mood.  Even though it has an audible beat, it has a sad tone to it that I feel conveys the overriding emotion of the series.
Note:  I'm including the opening credits of the drama for which the song was used, because I think it's gorgeous.

Utada Hikaru A.K.A. 宇多田 ヒカル - Prisoner of Love:


And here's the opening credit sequence for the drama:
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/lMOxUj90c4M/

No comments:

Post a Comment