Friday, December 4, 2015

Maverick Sabre - Cold Game

This artist needs WAY more publicity. He has nuanced and varied songs, augmented by wordplay and rhyme schemes. He has a distinct voice and point of view that comes through in his lyrics. It’s almost melodic rap, reminiscent of K-os or reggae artists. He’s got opinions and he lets you know by speaking out in his lyrics on sociopolitical topics, against corruption, police brutality, imperialism, nationalism… I didn’t know all this when I first became deadset on figuring out who he was based on a previous song I posted, the first I heard by him. Funny that I discovered an artist so deep through the lowest brow form of entertainment, a soap opera, where he was a diegetic guest performer.
Note: Bless this HD!

Maverick Sabre - Cold Game:

No comments:

Post a Comment