Sunday, February 1, 2015

Janelle Monáe feat. Erykah Badu - Q.U.E.E.N.

I admit: sonically, this isn’t my favorite song. BUT the message of the song is great, in line with her running theme of non-conformity and self-acceptance. Like many of her songs, it contemplates outsider status, but in a less morose way than in some of her other works, this time celebrating and declaring it proudly. And the music video is pretty dope too. When she changes into her signature suit I’m like, “Oof, she’s MY queen!!” I also love that a lot of her songs are meant to be empowering for marginalized groups like women and allude to the oppression of black Americans.
Note: I couldn’t resist posting the official music video, which has HD.

Janelle Monáe feat. Erykah Badu - Q.U.E.E.N.:

No comments:

Post a Comment