Friday, February 21, 2014

Jean Grae - Kill Screen

Ho-lee shiznit. Welcome to one of the most astounding braggadocio tracks I’ve ever encountered. This hip hop artist’s song is out of this world. You want to hear a crazy good song that contains references to video games, Greek mythology, the Bible, particle physics, and more? If you like putting effort into your entertainment, this is the song for you. I strongly recommend checking out the RapGenius page on this song (here: http://rapgenius.com/Jean-grae-kill-screen-aka-steve-wiebe-lyrics) and clicking on the annotated lyrics (including some lines annotated by Jean Grae herself!) to get a feel for how insanely complex the lyrics of this song are, in terms of content as well as rhyme scheme. It’s no wonder this emcee is considered one of the best in the game.

Jean Grae - Kill Screen:


Here’s the official music video, which I’m not even gonna front like I understand. It’s evidently some kind of puzzle, but I haven’t had time to put the work into figuring it out. Nonetheless, I figured I might as well include in case you have more time to kill (ha!) and think it could be a fun little activity. P.S. Jean Grae made the whole dang video herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment