Friday, May 29, 2015

Linkin Park - Easier to Run

This song is some heavy stuff. The first few times I listened to Meteora, I didn’t pay much attention to this song, as it didn’t stand out to me. Then one day, after a LONG break from listening to the album (and I mean years), I was listening to it again and this song suddenly caught my attention. I felt a sincerity in Chester’s voice I hadn’t noticed before, and I remember thinking, “I don’t know what he’s singing about, but it sounds like he means it.” That drove me to hit the replay button to listen to the lyrics and try to understand the song’s meaning, and when I did I thought, “Hmm, this sounds like the thoughts of an abuse survivor.” Well, turns out I was dead on, ‘cause that’s exactly what this is. In fact, the lyrics weren’t even intended for a song originally; they’re taken from Chester’s therapeutic journaling.
Note: Maybe in HD you’ll hear the genuineness better!

Linkin Park - Easier to Run:

No comments:

Post a Comment