Thursday, December 25, 2014

Lea Michele - O Holy Night

Speaking of things I never thought I’d post… This artist usually is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Most of the time her singing on the musical show Glee is painful for me to listen to. However, this was one of the few moments I enjoyed it, and my friends who felt similarly toward her said the same thing about this cover. For once, she doesn’t whine or overenunciate as much, and there’s a power to her voice that makes it work. So I’ll forgive the context of the song for not making any sense given the character’s background. It’s Christmasssssssssss, so here’s a Christmas song! I didn’t even realize this belonged to the class of Christmas songs I liked until I heard it covered a few times within the past couple years. Or maybe it just grew on me. Either way, it sounds nice to me now.
Note: HD quality ahoy!

Lea Michele - O Holy Night:


Here’s the scene from the show in which the song appears:

No comments:

Post a Comment