Friday, January 10, 2014

Lily Allen - Hard Out Here

It’s astounding how many people don’t get the point of this song and/or music video considering how literal and straightforward the lyrics are. It’s hard to miss that this song is mocking the entertainment industry’s treatment of women, and yet “missing the point” is exactly what so many people have done in claiming that it’s offensive. Clearly the whole “satire” thing flies over their heads. Take note this song has profanity and this music video is not for the kiddies, but if you don’t get the message I feel sorry for you. My friend sent this music video to me shortly after it was released. Although I’d listened to (and posted) music by this British artist before, I hadn’t heard this song until he sent it to me.
Note: You can listen AND watch in HD!

Lily Allen - Hard Out Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment