Tuesday, September 17, 2013

CunninLynguists - The South

One of the best impulse purchases I’ve ever made was the first three albums of this hip hop artist, all at once, after only hearing maybe 2 or 3 songs by them. All 3 of those albums rank among my favorite albums in my collection. This song is from their second album, Southernunderground, because my previous two posts of their music were from their first and third albums. This song showcases their pride in being from the South of the United States. It acknowledges the good and the bad, but it’s mostly a love song for the region. I love that flute action! In case you’re wondering, it’s sampled from the Jethro Tull song “My God.” It also samples another song I’ve already posted. 10 points if you know which one!

CunninLynguists - The South:

No comments:

Post a Comment