Friday, July 5, 2013

Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools (Drank)

I was gonna post a different hip hop song today, but I couldn’t find it, so instead I’m going with this one because it keeps getting caught in my head lately and then after I finally got it out, I heard someone blasting it from their car yesterday, which of course re-instilled it playing in my brain. I gave this popular artist’s album Good Kid, m.A.A.d City a few listens recently to find out what all the fuss was about and this ended up being one of my favorite tracks from it. It also allowed me to bond with a coworker on my first day at my new job, because I was asked what the last album I listened to was, and I named this artist, which seemingly surprised and pleased my coworker, who then fistbumped me in approval. The end of the track, BTW, is a set-up for the next track, so you needn’t try to connect it to this one. The song has profanity.

Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools (Drank):

No comments:

Post a Comment