Monday, November 7, 2011

L'Arc~en~Ciel - 星空

Everyone who listens to Japanese music, watches anime, or has pretty much anything to do with Japanese pop culture is almost guaranteed to know this band. I’ve also already posted music by the band’s frontman, Hyde. This is one of the few songs that I really "felt" because of the lyrics, where the lyrics touched me more than the sound of the music--and this is in spite them mostly being in a language I hardly know!! Even from the sparse lines in English, though, I got what the song was about. It’s basically an anti-war song.  The lyrics translation into English is here.  I love that Hyde often infuses his lyrics with a level of social consciousness AND poetry. I just wish I knew Japanese fluently so I could appreciate them more.

L'Arc~en~Ciel - 星空 [Hoshizora - Starry Sky]:


And you can find the live performance here:
http://pann.nate.com/video/174751455

No comments:

Post a Comment