Sunday, January 1, 2012

Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek

Ahhh, my goddess of music again! I heard this song when I bought her album Speak for Yourself without even having listened to it first (and luckily it ended up becoming one of my favorite albums in my collection). I especially loved this song because of the lack of instrumentation. Her voice is so rich and versatile that a lack of instrumentation actually does the song a service. The vocoder effect enhances the cool sound even more. Evidently by the time I discovered and became obsessed with this song, it had already become popular with “the kids” because it was used in the show The O.C. (which I don’t watch). What’s worse, part of this song was remade into a dumb Jason Derulo song I heard relentlessly playing on the radio. Now all these people only listen to the part that was used in Jason Derulo’s song, which is weird because it’s not even my favorite part of this song.

Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek:

No comments:

Post a Comment