Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Alt-J - Nara

I came across this British artist either by hearing them on a TV show or by YouTube surfing. Either way, I made a note of them some time ago, and then found recently that they were performing near my house. I ended up missing the concert but being interested enough in them to look up their album All This is Yours, and this song was, I think, my favorite off of it. To be honest, I couldn’t make heads or tails of the lyrics (which obviously doesn’t normally impede my enjoyment of a song) but according to a solid interpretation of the lyrics I came across, this song is about a gay man yearning for freedom from discrimination. In fact, with that in mind, this song is thematically almost identical to Hozier’s “Take Me to Church,” even with the repetition of the re-appropriated “hallelujah.”
Note: Here be HD quality!

Alt-J - Nara:

No comments:

Post a Comment