Thursday, December 24, 2015

Pentatonix - Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy

This a cappella group has had a great year, and I’m pleased to be a somewhat early adopter so I could gleefully watch their recent rise to prominence. Sometimes I think this artist is at their best when they’re getting their creep on. (See their brilliant LIVE cover of Imogen Heap’s “Aha!” for reference.) This song and even more so this video are an example of that. This piece has a special significance to me because it used to be somewhat of a family tradition for my mother to take me to a ballet performance of The Nutcracker around Christmastime. Oh, and Mitch’s high note? That’s real. I’ve heard him do it live a number of times and it’s breathtaking every time.
Note: Bless this video for having HD!

Pentatonix - Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy:

No comments:

Post a Comment