Sunday, October 16, 2011

Miyavi - 死んでもBoogie-Woogie

Ahh, it’s time for more of this artist’s very special, very awesome brand of crazy. This time it’s a single, though, so it’s a little more… palatable? Anyway, as I’ve said before, he’s first and foremost a guitarist/songwriter and his voice can take some getting used to, but I love the weird sound effects he makes, and he’s a very talented musician. I believe he played all the instruments on his first album, and this single is from that time period so I highly suspect that applies to this song as well.
Note: OK, so normally I try to avoid posting videos that show the artist if I think people’s perception of the artist’s appearance will get in the way of the listener’s perception of the music, and in the case of Miyavi this is especially true since it’s jarring that that scratchy voice comes out of his freakishly pretty face, but I really can’t resist posting the MV this time because it lets the wackiness shine through. I used to watch this to put myself in a good mood because I found it so funny.

Miyavi - 死んでもBoogie-Woogie [Despite Death Boogie Woogie]:


And the highly amusing MV:

No comments:

Post a Comment