Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hyde - Jesus Christ

This very well-known Japanese artist is not my favorite singer, but he makes some really pretty ballads and some really cool-sounding rock songs.  This song is a nice combination of both and one of my favorite songs by him.
I feel I should point out that a lot of people think this is a Christian song... but I'm pretty sure they're missing the point.  Hyde has not exactly been subtle in his criticism of organized religion, especially Christianity (although he seems fascinated by the imagery), soooo I doubt he's promoting it now.  Besides, my interpretation has always been that this song is from the point of view of a mother whose child is dying, and her prayers to save him go unanswered, so if anything, this song is a manifestation of his criticism.

Note:  I know this video totally goes against the no-images-of-the-artist policy, but 1) the song is in HD, 2) the lyrics are provided, which is useful because his accent makes some of them pretty hard to understand, and 3) everyone knows what Hyde looks like anyway.  Well, everyone who listens to J-music, anyway.

Hyde - Jesus Christ:

No comments:

Post a Comment