Saturday, April 11, 2015

Stromae - Carmen

I attended this Belgian artist’s concert last night (yes, two nights in a row of concerts) and it was AWESOME. This song, which I hadn’t heard before the show, was a standout for me and I made a mental note to look up his song whose melody was based on Habañera from Carmen. It ended being easy to hunt down, since it’s one of his newest singles and the title is named after the opera I identified in my mental note. The song is about how social media is affecting our lives, leading us to become wrapped up in our social media presence and digital popularity, taking part in vapid facsimiles of human interactions often to bolster our own public image. The music video, like this others, is well worth the watch. In case it’s not obvious from the caliber of the visual creativity in his music videos, I can say after seeing Stromae perform live that he is quite the showman.
Note: HD and the official music video, which has an English translation of the lyrics!

Stromae - Carmen:

No comments:

Post a Comment