Sunday, May 11, 2014

Exo-K - Mama

A colleague mentioned that she liked this song, and I later realized I hadn’t heard it. I saw it listed on a website’s article about K-pop videos and decided to check it out. Now I get why my colleague was such a fan of the song. It’s certainly much more epic-sounding than I had expected. I appreciate that the lyrics are about something other than what I typically hear in K-pop (love songs); they are lamenting the state of the world today, in which people are disconnected from one another.
Note: This HD video has a translation of the lyrics, which is helpful. Some sources translate the word in the title as “Your Highness,” while others interpret it as the same thing it means in English, mother. I honestly don’t know what to think; since I’ve seen the official title written with English letters I’m inclined to think the latter, but this video’s translation uses the former.

Exo-K - Mama:

No comments:

Post a Comment