Sunday, September 1, 2013

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Allen Stone - Neon Cathedral

All right, I finally listened to The Heist. About halfway through it I thought, “Wow, this is a great album.” Totally deserving of its unprecedented success and hype, ESPECIALLY for an indie record. I could tell this song about the fight for sobriety, from the perspective of Macklemore as a recovering alcoholic, was one of my favorites from the album even before the gorgeous strings kicked in. It wasn’t even one of the album’s three chart-topping singles. This song makes me visualize some kind of wooded small town area in the deep South. It draws a parallel between church and alcoholism (more broadly, with substance dependency functioning as a sort of religion). I love the production on this, how it evolves as the song goes along instead of staying static on a loop like in most songs.
Note: I really like this lyrics video, which has HD, except for that I detected some incorrect lyrics.

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Allen Stone - Neon Cathedral:

No comments:

Post a Comment