Sunday, February 3, 2013

Mykki Blanco - Wavvy

God, I don’t know… I heard about this unique hip hop artist through an article on a website and decided to look him up. Some of his tracks are too weird for me (!!), but this song, the first I listened to by him, is oddly addictive. I don’t know what it is exactly, but I cannot. stop. coming back to it to listen “one more time.”  Something about his voice in the chorus and the instrumental are strangely mesmerizing.  There is profanity.  (I saw a YouTube comment that described him as a "hood Lady Gaga," which is a pretty accurate characterization from what I've seen so far.)
Note: I normally try to avoid posting official MVs, especially when they're this unusual, but I can’t find this song uploaded in good quality otherwise. The upside is the music video is in HD. And the intro is great. “You rob a Walgreens?!” had me laughing.

Mykki Blanco - Wavvy:

No comments:

Post a Comment