Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dixie Chicks - Not Ready to Make Nice

This song both responded to the exile of this group, my longtime favorite country artist, from the country music community after they made a statement criticizing then-president Bush, and signalled their transition into the pop music world. Their music style still sounds the same to me, it’s just that their songs started being played on pop radio stations instead of country music ones (because country music stations were boycotting them, and the pop music world embraces their Bush-criticizing ways). Worked for me, since I actually quite like this song and probably wouldn’t have heard it if it weren’t on non-country radio stations. Plus, the subject matter of the song is clearly about that whole fiasco—and their refusal to apologize for their comments despite being exiled and expressing their disgust with how people responded.
Note: I think my first exposure to this song occurred when I saw the MV on television. I loved the visuals in it and for a while became obsessed with the pretty, so I’m including it here along with the song in HD.

Dixie Chicks - Not Ready to Make Nice:


And the prettiful MV::

No comments:

Post a Comment