Saturday, February 18, 2012

Carole Samaha - حدودي السما

I came across this singer when looking for Arabic music, and since then have seen her name come up a number of times. This sounds like a tango but with Arabic lyrics and singing style. Pretty cool combination. BTW, I don’t speak Arabic at all, so I don’t know the translation of the title. I did the best I could using Google Translate, but if someone knowledgeable has a better translation I’d be happy to hear it.

Edit: A helpful commenter has told me the proper translation of the title, and explained that the title is written as it is pronounced in the Lebanese dialect, hence Google Translate’s failure to translate it well.

Carole Samaha A.K.A. حدودي السما - سماحة كارول [Hodoudi El-Sama - Boundaries of the Sky]:

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    The song's name translates to "Boundaries of the sky" (حدودي السما). - Google Translate didn't come up with a great translation because the name is written as it's pronounced in the lebanese dialect...
    Btw, nice blog! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!
      Thanks so much for the translation and explanation! I'll edit my post to reflect the information.
      Thank you! :)

      Delete