Monday, November 21, 2011

Neil Patrick Harris - Tony Awards 2011 Opening Number

I just saw the new Harold & Kumar movie in theatres for the 2nd time, and one of its major selling points is the inclusion of this performer. Unfortunately, I’ve never seen a live Broadway theatre show in my life, but I watched the ENTIRE Tony Awards Ceremony for 2011 simply because this hilarious actor was hosting, and it was so worth it. This opening number was genius and apparently I’m not the only one who thought so, since it kept popping up in my Facebook news feed shortly after the show. (At the time of writing this, several months after the awards show airing, when you start to type NPH’s name in the YouTube search bar this song is the first suggestion, and when you search just his name it’s the first result.) The lyrics are hilarious, and although there’s a bit of crudeness and bleeped-but-still-audible profanity, I can only imagine that you would be offended if you have absolutely no sense of humor.
Note: Watch in HD!

Neil Patrick Harris - Tony Awards 2011 Opening Number:

No comments:

Post a Comment