Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sima Bina - Esfahan: Khodjasteh

Yesterday was Persian New Year! So I’m posting a Persian song. I learned of this track through an impossible-to-track-down remix of it that was used in the trailer of the film Circumstance. There is a lot of demand for the remix from the movie trailer to be released, but it appears the remix was made only for the trailer and wasn't made publicly available as a standalone track. Sadface! I figured out that the song I'm posting doesn't account for some of the vocals in the remix, and that therefore those vocals come from another track which I'm still trying to figure out the title of, but I know it exists because a few days ago I recognized those unaccounted-for vocals in another song used in a documentary about Iran.  I'm still working on hunting down the second mystery song, since the documentary didn't credit the song.  So this, the original version of one of the songs used in the remix, is the best I could do.
Note: At least HD is available!
Edit:  SCRATCH WHAT I SAID EARLIER, I FOUND OUT THE SECOND TRACK!!!!  I haven't found it to post here, but I've identified the track used in the documentary, whose vocals were used in the Circumstance remix, as "Esfahan: Esfahan" by the same artist, from the same album.  I WIN!

Sima Bina A.K.A. سیما بینا - Esfahan: Khodjasteh:


Someone put the trailer-included remix on loop here, if you wanna hear what it would sorta sound like as a complete song:

1 comment: